Partial View

The obligatory blog.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Language development: random notes

As he nears the end of his 27th month, Wild Thing's sentences are getting more complex. "I am TRYING to reach this snap!" he informed me today at the grocery store, after I asked him why his head had joined his feet on the footrest in the cart. I notice that he sometimes tries to avoid irregular past tenses of verbs by using "did." Instead of "I fell," he tends to say "I did fall." Sometimes this is said thusly: "I DID fall." But other times it's more offhand. "I did fall off the chair," where "I fell" would be more correct.

He's also very proud of himself now that he can get his shoes off all by himself. Unfortunately, this new ability combines with an old, old habit of trying to go barefoot whenever possible, including the car, the store, etc. Once upon a time, he would take his socks off even in subfreezing weather, and it was only when he started wearing shoes that we could keep his feet covered. Looks like those days are gone ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home