Partial View

The obligatory blog.

Friday, September 01, 2006

It is not the purpose of this blog

to be a mere repository for random lists of song titles. So, here's some Wild-Thing-related bloggin'.

Me (changing WT's diaper--will he never decide that this is too tedious to be endured?): WT, do I love you just a little, or a whole lot?

WT (Enthusiastically): A whole lot!

Me: That's right. You know, there aren't very many people I love as much as I love you. Do you know who else I love as much as I love you?

WT (enthusiastically): Christie!

Now, let it be said that Christie, a collegue of the Overworked Spouse, is a perfectly nice person. It could not reasonably be said, however, that I love her at all, except in the most abstract goodwill-towards-humankind sort of way. I've no idea where this came from.

It does make me reflect on how two-year-olds interpret adult behavior. Christie is, among other things, an occasional carpool partner. Does the fact that we have given her a ride in the car within WT's memory make her seem important to me as opposed to the other people we see with kids his age, who may be more important to him? Or is he only joking?

Only his hairstylist knows for sure.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home