Partial View

The obligatory blog.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Bedtime chatter

So, as I type this, Wild Thing has been in bed for over half an hour. He's still awake. In fact, he's still awake and talking and singing and generally sounding happy as a clam while staying in bed. Just not falling asleep.

This is a relatively new development. But for a couple of weeks now he's been doing this, just staying awake, entertaining himself, not crying or complaining or seeking attention--but not sleeping, either. He did this for over an hour one night last week.

Now, as long as he's not getting out of bed, I can't really complain about this. But it does seem odd. If I'm lying in bed for an hour and I can't sleep, I'm usually pretty grumpy about it, and I'm certainly not going to burst into song. This would be true even if I had the bed to myself ...

... ah, silence at last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home