Partial View

The obligatory blog.

Monday, March 12, 2007

One problem with living in a smaller city

It's difficult to find a good hibachi restaurant.

Wild Thing said to me during his bath tonight, "I didn't like the show."

"What show?"

"At the hibachi restaurant. You know, the one that has sushi?"

Wild Thing has indeed been to the local hibachi place, which also has a sushi bar, though we haven't investigated that side of the establishment. The skills of the hibachi chefs are, frankly, pretty limited, and I'm not sure I want to experiment with the rawer side of Japanese cuisine there.

The reason Wild Thing dislikes the "show" there--though remaining fascinated enough by it to bring it up out of the blue 2-3 weeks later--is the scary display of fire. The reason WE aren't thrilled with the place is the fact that the juggling chefs really aren't very good. Last time we were there, a flying pepper shaker went flying and knocked over the water glass of the nice young woman sitting next to me. This particular hibachi guy didn't juggle anything sharp, but I still left with the mental picture of a two-pronged fork protruding from my chest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home