Partial View

The obligatory blog.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday Random Ten: Pithy Commentary Edition

1. Lord Franklin--Pentangle.

2. Fountain of Sorry--Jackson Browne. This song starts off strong, but good lord it's long...

3. Goodbye, Everybody--Lots of folk musicians rounded up by Alan Lomax, including John Davis, Willis Proctor, Bessie Jones, and Jerome Davis, among others. Short and sweet.

4. Mourning Air--Portishead.

5. Lullaby--Tom Waits. In honor of his current "let's just skip the West Coast" tour. No, I'm not bitter, thanks for asking.

6. Rebellion (Lies)--Arcade Fire. "Sleeping is giving in, no matter what the time is." A parent's/grad student's anthem.

7. Boppin' the Blues--Carl Perkins. Must be goin' round.

8. Submarine Bells--The Chills. I think I first bought this album after reading a review of it in my college newspaper by the now-Hugo-nominated John Scalzi. I'm on about my fourth copy now. People keep stealing it. Yes, it's that good.

9. The Bristol Bridegroom--Diane Dugaw.

10. Coffaro's Theme--Bill Frisell (with Dave Holland and Elvin Jones). Jimi Hendrix meets John Coltrane. The results? Cool fusion.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home