Partial View

The obligatory blog.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

OK, let's get back on track

The last couple of weeks have been pretty crazy, between midterms and visits to our exploratory trip to our soon-to-be new home near the research university where we'll be next fall. But we do have a few Wild Thing tales kicking around, if I can remember them long enough to hack them out here in a timely way.

The most telling, to me, is the new sympathy ploy. On Friday night, Overworked Spouse and I were watching a movie downstairs when Wild Thing (who sleeps upstairs) walked in distraught and frightened. I asked him if he'd had a bad dream; he nodded.

"What was it about?"

"Flies."

OK, then. That insect unit at school is sinking in, I guess. But he calmed down with a bit of snuggling and was able to get back to sleep quickly.

He clearly remembered the snuggling part better than the dream itself, though. For the last two nights he's been coming out of his bedroom before he falls asleep. "I had a bad dream, daddy," he says, not looking the least bit frightened.

They learn quickly, don't they?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home