Partial View

The obligatory blog.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Friday Random Ten: Save Me a Seat Edition

A theme might be emerging here. If only I could only read the Tuvan tongue ...

1. Creation's Call--Samarai Celestial.
2. Disgusted--Lucinda Williams.
3. Angel of Death--Dark Meat. I randomly downloaded this from somewhere. Don't know anything about this band, but this tune is quite catchy.
4. Shadow Song--The Mountain Goats. I've been listening to this song quite a bit lately. It's haunting despite its complete lack of melodic interest.
5. Mountain--The Harvey Girls.
6. Nature's Symphony--Bill Frisell.
7. Tuva Chonum, Ergim Cherim--Igor Koshkendey. This guy isn't as well known as Huun-Huur-Tu, but he's certainly their equal, inasmuch as my expertise on Tuvan throat-singing qualifies me to make such an assessment.
8. Yodeling Blues--Bessie Smith.
9. The Fool--Neutral Milk Hotel.
10. Satellite--TV on the Radio. Hey, a new addition from one of my musical benefactors out there. Very groovy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home