Partial View

The obligatory blog.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday Random Ten: I Feel a Draft Edition

Another chapter draft going off to advisors. This is the last one that needed large-scale revisions--or at least I hope so. So, we start off, aptly, with ...

1. "My Life is Right"--Big Star, # 1 Record.
2."Going Up to the Country, Paint My Mailbox Blue"--Taj Mahal, The Essential.
3. "Romance Without Finance"--Charlie Parker, Boss Bird.
4. "Spanish Bombs"--The Clash, London Calling.
5. "For All We Know"--Ray Charles and Betty Carter, Ray Charles and Betty Carter.
6. "Old College Try"--The Mountain Goats, Tallahassee.
7. "Jail-House Blues," Bessie Smith, Complete Recordings Vol. 1.
8. "The Irish Rover"--The Clancy Brothers, Greatest Hits. Hmm, I don't seem to have erased this from the hard drive yet. Not sure why.
9."I See a Darkness"--Johnny Cash with Will Oldham, American III: Solitary Man. Uh oh--a tonal shift.
10. "Cardboard"--Charlie Parker, Parker's Mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home